Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My new desk




For months now Aaron has been begging me to get the laptop off of the kitchen counter so I thought that was a perfectly good reason to go to Target and buy the desk I wanted for $130. NOT!!! He was no-way no-how going to go for that so I started stalking craigslist (I hold this desk fully responsible for my now craigslist addiction) and found this little guy for only $10.






It has some great bones but needed a little facelift. I sanded it really well and covered all the scratches and dents with wood putty.




I decided to paint it black and I used Behr paint and primer in one in Forever Black. I told the salesperson at Home Depot that it goes against all of my being to not prime first but let me tell you, this paint is the Bomb-diggity!!! My desk has found a home in my dining room. Here is the after......
Isn't it Purdy?!?!?!
Desk-$10
1 quart of paint-$14
Knob-88 cents a piece
Grand total= $30.16

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Holy cow! That turned out sooo cute! I especially love it in black!

P.S. I love Craig's List too!