Monday, June 22, 2009

12 days.......





With temps close to 100 degrees and a heat index of 105 the only way to stay cool is to be in the water. So today we checked out the new Cooper YMCA outdoor pool. We were there for almost 3 hours and none of us got fried!!! Well....I got a little sun on my back but that is only because I had Jake applying the sunblock.
I was actually surprised at how much better Jake can swim this year than last year. He passed the swim test and was able to go down the waterslide. Go Jake!!! And Josh's swimming skills have improved also thanks to the YMCA swim lessons he recieved while in preschool. Maddy just hung around in the REALLY shallow water and wouldn't let me leave her sight. All in all, it was a great day at the pool.

Jake had a 6 o'clock baseball game which, in my opinion, should have been cancelled. There is no way that these little guys should have to play ball in such heat. OR maybe I just didn't wan't to sit out in the such heat and watch baseball. LOL Anyone who know me knows that I HATE the heat so I found a shady spot to sit with my KC Style BBQ sunflower seeds and sweat my bunzies off. :)
This is what summer is all about. Swimming, baseball and more...................

2 comments:

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a blast at the new Cooper pool. I am anxious to get there too. My son, Carson, loves it!

Kim said...

You bloggin' fool! I LOVE it! I am gald you had fun at the pool we are jumping in to night after work! Have a great day!