Friday, November 19, 2010

A-hunting we will go.......

Yep, it is that time of year again! The time of year that Aaron lives for.  DEER SEASON! This was the first year that he was able to take the boys out hunting with him.  Josh was the first one to go out with him on Saturday afternoon. Aaron said he did really well. He asked typical Josh questions like, "Dad, are all tree stands made out of metal?" and was able to sit still for longer than 5 minutes.  They did see some deer but none of them were "shootable". Whatever that means??? 

Joshy in the tree stand

Joshy WAAAAAAAY up in the tree stand
Jake went out with Aaron on Sunday morning. Let's just say that Jake is not cut out for deer hunting.  We all know that Jake has the attention span of a gnat and his mouth never stops moving.  Jake was not born with a "quiet" button.  He is either LOUD or well.....LOUD.  He really likes hunting but hasn't quite figured out that he has to sit still and be quiet. They had a deer come right next to their tree stand and Aaron tapped him on the shoulder to let him know that there was a deer down there and Jake turned his head as fast as he could and yelled.......WHERE!! Needless to say they didn't come home with a deer on Saturday morning.  LOL!

Jake getting ready to walk out to the tree stand

Here is a picture of Aaron hunting on Thursday
Aaron propped up on the tree waiting for the deer to come and feed in this field
Wondering who took this pic??? IT WAS ME!!! I actually went out with him on Sunday AND Thursday afternoon and we had the best time.  When I had mentioned to him that I wanted to go he said, "Sure, I can actually spend some time with you and I don't have to talk to you"  Nice, real NICE! (He was joking of course)  I never thought I would enjoy hunting, but I can see why men (and some women) find this appealing.  The coolest part was that he actually shot a deer but we couldn't find her. We followed her blood trail forever and Aaron and 2 others actually went back out with flashlights and looked everywhere, but she was no where to be found.  Thursday we actually had 4 deer come right in front of us but Aaron said they were to close to shoot.  They were so close that Aaron couldn't get into position without spooking the deer. Oh well, I guess that is why they call it hunting and not shooting. Sometimes you get the deer and sometimes the deer gets you. In all of these cases, the deer got us!    LOL  The best part about being out there are the beautiful sunsets. Here is a pic of the sun just before it falls below the horizon.  What a great way to end the day.  :)

Happy Hunting!!!  :)

3 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a fun post. :) I went deer hunting with my hubby for the first time last weekend. I actually enjoyed myself and can't wait til' next year. We didn't get anything the day I went but a couple days later my hubby came home with 2 does. Now our freezer is full of "free" meat! :)

Kim said...

I love all of the pictures! Your post really makes me want to go try it out with Ben once.

I can so picture Jakey in my head turning around and saying where. LOL!

Jodee said...

Cute hunting pictures!