Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's finally done!



PFEW!!! The chest of drawers is finally DUNZO!  I can't tell you how many countless hours I have spent on this thing.  It gave me fits from the get go and at one point I was ready to haul it out to the curb. I am glad I didn't because I LOVE the way it turned out!  Here is a before picture.....

Totally 70's. Look at that GAWDY hardware! Yuck  : P
I loved the chunckiness of this piece and I loved how the drawers had some detailing in them.  Here is how it turned out. 


I primed and painted and originally didn't plan on distressing this piece but it kind of happened by mistake, so I just went with it.  I would have liked to bring this inside to take a really good picture of it but I don't even have 1 inch of free space in my house, so for now, it is staying in the garage.  I have looked everywhere for hardware for this thing and I just couldn't find what I was looking for.  I knew what I wanted but it was no where to be found until.............TARGET!! Everyone knows I LURV me some Target!!! It is my favorite place in the whole wide world.  I get everything at Target.  Why not furniture hardware, right??? It is my new favorite go-to place for hardware.  It is nice and affordable and I think they even have a better selection than our Home Depot. Huh......Who woulda thought??? 

Aaron actually liked this soooo much that he is trying to convince me to sell our chest of drawers and keep this one.  Hmmmmm!!!  I bought the matching dresser also and I really wanted to sell them as a set but now I am thinking that maybe they both can find a new home in our bedroom. If I do end up keeping these I would like to put decorative legs on them to give them a little more UMPF!!! We'll just have to see!   : O

 I have 2 pieces of furniture that I am currently working on right now that I am totally excited about. Wish me luck! One of them could be tricky!!

3 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Oh wow! You did a great job on this piece! It's great! If you can't find a place for it feel free to drop it off at my house! ;)

Carmena dn teh Primcats

Jodee said...

Holy cow! That turned out soooo cute! I love, love, love black furniture and especially distressed! You are soooo talented!

Kim said...

I love the knobs and pulls you found! It turned out so neat. I would love to see the pieces together. It would look great in your bedroom.