Monday, November 8, 2010

Invasion of the FURNITURE SNACHER!

I first have to say a huge THANK YOU and I'M SORRY to my husband Aaron.  In the last month I have completely taken over his garage. Did I say garage? I meant garage, tools and "man space." It is beginning to look like an episode of Hoarders over at my house.  It has gone from neat and tidy, I would even go so far as to say over-organized, to cluttered, dirty and disorganized.  Aaron loves his garage more than life itself. He would spend every waking moment in there if he could. It has a stereo, T.V and beer fridge (what more could a man ask for?)  On any given day you can find him vacuuming out the cracks in the concrete floor. No joke, he really does. This is what my garage looks like now.....
1 coffee table, 2 end tables,  3 dressers, a sick old refridgerator and Jenny (Aaron's boat).
Is there a 12 step program for craigslist?? I tell myself that I am going to stop but what girl can pass up a great deal or steal!!! Gone are the days that Aaron comes home and I ask him how his day was. Now he walks in the door and I say, "Ok don't be mad but I bought more furniture today.....but I got a great deal."  Not once has he complained (at least not to me) that it is no longer his garage but MY GARAGE!!! He even converted the bedroom in the basement to my "studio" hoping that would free up some space in the garage.  I told myself that I won't go craigslist shopping until I can get a couple more pieces painted and sold.  We will see how long that lasts.  ;) 




2 comments:

Kim said...

LOL! You have us all hooked, we are constantly on the hunt for things you can makeover for us! Aaron has been a great sport about "sharing" his space. I forgot his boat was named Jenny!!!

PS- I swear I left a comment on the desk and table. You know I think they are awesome. I can't wait for the post on the chair!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'm your newest follower! Boy does your garage look familiar. LOL My junk finds have taken over as well and finally I'm puting a dent in the stash. Love your makeovers!

Oh, are you from the Lincoln NE area? I just saw your post about Cooper YMCA...and I know Lincoln has one. :) I live just south of Lincoln.